Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Demo Reel

I made a new Demo Reel that can be viewed at my website or at vimeo here. It's more or less the highlighted work I've been doing the past couple years. It is what it is. Personally I'm not happy with it since it doesn't really show what I can do, but I plan to improve upon it a lot during this summer once I finish up the last of my student projects and start working more high end stuff.

My school had their career fair last Thursday as well and I had five interviews at it. Dreamworks, Blue Sky, Nickelodeon, Microsoft Games, and Lucas Film. All were interesting. I'd have to say Blue Sky and Microsoft were very pleasant interviews, but Dreamworks was the eye opener. I haven't heard back from any of them yet, but I'd by happy to work for any of those companies probably.

My short term plan is finish up projects, which includes Bug Crew, The Claw Machine, and Sagar Patel's thesis characters. Definitely need to update my website, reel, and associated profiles like Linkedin. After that I can get back to theory rigging and working on some high res characters. In the meantime it seems I have enough smaller contract work to keep me busy.

Longer term I might consider Graduate studies at Texas A&M if I feel I'm not learning enough on my own. But that's expensive and need to save money for it. In meantime I ordered about $200 in books on scripting and related topics to keep me busy. Maybe I'll finish a fully functional base version of my modular autorig this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment